I love peanut butter! These cookies are melt in the mouth good. It's pretty much impossible to eat just one (fact: four had been consumed before they were finished - one in dough form, and the rest somewhere between baked and splattered with chocolate) and they taste great with or without the chocolate. Go on, get into that kitchen of yours and make a batch now. Here's the recipe.
Peanut butter cookies (makes 28)
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
150g crunchy peanut butter
300g plain flour
75g milk chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan assisted.
2. Mix together butter and sugar.
3. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract, followed by the peanut butter and stir through.
4. Add flour and mix until a delicious peanuty dough has formed.
5. Break off golf ball sized pieces, shape into rounds and pop on a lightly greased baking tray. During baking they will spread out a little so do leave some space between each cookie.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes.
7. Once the cookies (the ones that have survived the journey that is) have cooled, melt the chocolate and fling/swirl/dollop it on top.