Friday 6 June 2014

Bits and bobs (mostly baked goods)


It's been a busy few months. I've not done as much baking and making as I'd have liked, but I did manage a couple of new things.

I've wanted to make battenberg for the longest time. My mum bought me a special tin ages ago and a couple of months back I finally used it. This recipe on bbcgoodfood worked wonderfully. It turned out much bigger than I anticipated, about 10cm tall.

I made heart shaped custard creams for Valentine's Day and hot cross buns at Easter. In amongst all this there was time for the odd coffee at Afternoon Tease. I also gave these bagels a go. And yes, that is a slightly wonky Tardis cake.

In other news the Mr had a big Birthday - 30! There was a video game inspired cake and Ghostbusters-themed presents. I will post some photos very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow- you're such a good baker! Obviously I can't account for taste (unless you'd like to post me some? :p) but all your bakes look DELICIOUS xxx

    ReplyDelete